Saturday, June 16, 2012

Summer so far!!!

   Well this update finds us well into our summer vacation! The kids are so happy to be out of school and free to do lots of stuff outside.  Jacelyn is growing so fast! She had her 4 month check on the 13th and is 13lbs and 10oz. She is in the 90% for her height and the 50% for her weight.  We took her to visit the ENT yesterday and we have scheduled her surgery for the 30th of July. I hope by then she is sleeping through the night and takes a bottle easier than she does now. Jake is working in Maine and is hating it almost as much as we are. But its a job, it pays the bills, keeps a roof over our head and food in our mouths. For that I am grateful.  We celebrated our 9th anniversary the 5th of this month 3,000 miles apart.  That was a hard day for both of us but I think tomorrow is going to be harder with it being father's day.  He is my hero and words can not even begin to describe how very grateful I am for all that he sacrifices for our family.  We have our fingers crossed that he will be able to come home in July to work on a job up north that his company is starting.

   I've had a lot on my mind lately and decided I would get it out of my head and on my blog.  First of all I want to say to all the single mom's/dad's, army wives/husbands, and widowed people out there with kids, you all are my HERO'S!!! I do not know how you do it alone for such a prolonged period of time.  These past few months have been harder for me than they normally are and I think its because of Jacelyn and seeing all the things that he is missing.  I know it is extremely hard for him.  Thank goodness for technology and face time ;) it makes things a little easier at times but it also makes it harder too.  Watching my baby girl smile, laugh and reach for daddy every time she sees him on the phone when we face time breaks my heart along with his.  I know I am not alone in the world when it comes to mom's raising kids while their other half is out there making the money so we can live comfortably.  I know there are people out there who are worse off too. I am so thankful for what I have. It could always be worse.

  There is a saying about not judging other's until you've walked a mile in their shoe's. Well I totally agree with this and I can say that I am guilty of judging quickly and wrongly.  But I have also been on the receiving end of this for a good chunk of my life and realize I am still being judged and always will be.  Lately I've been called lazy and ignorant. Not sure what I have done to deserve this judgement but maybe I am.  All I know is that I try as hard as I can to raise 4 kids.  I try soo hard to be a good mother, daughter, sister and friend.  And when your raising 4 kids semi alone it takes it out of you. So I may not always look perfect and my girls hair might be pulled in a pony everyday for a week, oh well they are happy and healthy!!  I am not perfect and have never claimed nor will I ever claim to be.  I am just another person out here in this crazy world trying my hardest to do my best.

    I have the best neighbors and friends a girl could ever ask for.  My neighbor across the street changes my water in he field cause he says he is bored. Yeah right I know he is not bored but he will never know how grateful I am for all his help and I hope he enjoys the rounds of golf I bought him for his help.  My other neighbors are awesome!! Even if we don't always talk, just knowing that they are there if I ever need anything makes me feel at ease with things.  I am so grateful for their friendship!! And chocolate brownies and cupcakes ;) lol

   I hope that everyone has a wonderful Father's Day weekend and if you are fortunate to have your dad close give them an extra special hug for those who will not have the chance to see their dad's this holiday!! Love you all and have a wonderful summer!!!


 

1 comment:

  1. I think you're an amazing mom! You're kids are so cute! When I saw you come in to church today I thought how much I admire you for getting to Church each week by yourself! I know how you feel raising kids alone, it's hard! But I think you're doing great!!

    ReplyDelete